Don’t assume that the Reset survivors will be united
While much of the content of this post can be dismissed as ‘anecdotal sample of one’, I have for many years believed that observation to be somewhat fraudulent – rather in the same way that some self-styled “liberals” call any cultural reference a “stereotype” (to suggest it must be racist) when often it’s an archetype (that’s to say, empirically quite common). If I have been working with and among certain social groups, minorities, law officers, politicians, retailers, admen, petty criminals, bankers, actors, doctors, journalists and senior civil servants for half a century, any conclusions about such people will be based on large samples and multiple experiences. So as long as I don’t make “all”, “you can’t trust any” or similar sweeping statements, it seems to me I’m entitled to draw attention to certain attitudes and behaviours.
What I have perceived in recent months (really, since the turn of the year) is marked changes among certain psychographic sub-groups in what one might best term the ‘Western First World’.
I would list them (in no particular order) as follows.
- A tendency among retail bankers to retreat further and further behind trenches of AI robotics, and an inability to stop telling you how busy they are
- A widespread habit among large corporations to say “must” rather than “please” alongside a crypto-pretence that their decisions “are final” and thus no other recourse is possible
- A devil-may-care outlook within some ranks of ‘hand to mouth’ unskilled casual labour that they can screw any client with complete impunity, because “the cops can’t be bothered”
- An unwillingness among many GPs to engage in any discussion about Covid vaccines, despite having – at an earlier point in the process – been at best sceptical or at worst dismissive of the need for such vaccines (or masks) in the first place
- An increasingly brutal and all-inclusive policy among social media owners towards censorship of any and all ‘incorrect’ narratives about climate, health, economic outlooks and State overspending and/or hopeless debt
- A blank (almost apathetic) facial expression among older politicians when “informed” of obvious lies, vote-bullying, blackmail and statistical impossibilities in relation to Covid vaccine efficacy: put simply, giving off the strong impression that they already know this
- The abandonment of even lip-service being paid by a wide range of financial institutions to any customer threatening to involve police and/or regulatory bodies in the prosecution of complaints about everything from dilatory service to unjustified hidden charge
- A recognition (especially marked in central, eastern and south-eastern EU member States) among petty thieves and burglars that from here on it is open season on any domicile owner ignoring the need for high security hardware.
I have never been quite as litigious as I appear to be today. I’m employing bailiffs to get a stolen car back, inviting the police to investigate the theft of a dishwasher, suing a travel intermediary for grossly misleading information about a “hosted” venue, asking bank regulators to investigate why a massive online international bank feels free to ignore serious misconduct charges, taunting Banque de France to complete a simple transfer of funds to two fully accredited European banks, and asking a large French estate agency to explain why they accepted blatantly untrue allegations about my property from a client without any attempt at verification.
However, ultimately every revelation of sharp practice helps the cultural commentator to slot more bits into the 5000 piece jigsaw, and so hazard a guess as to motivations that, while they vary, suggest a congruence about what the future holds for every which way kind of despicable opportunist.
An opportunist (I long ago concluded) is a spiv who grabs any chance for a bent Buck, and ignores every aperture that might make for a more equitable society. I bring you all very bad news: almost everyone is an opportunist now.
The question to address is this: what is it about the immediate future they expect to render such behaviour the best policy?
Think if you will about the wide variety of “types” I covered in the bullet-point examples above. It’s impossible to survey that range of high, low, rich and poor without concluding fairly quickly that we’re heading for something a lot worse than just poverty: the New Normal is going to be, for many people, a place wherein violent dishonesty is not just the best policy, it’s the only one.
The Gigarich will, of course, be relatively safe behind their high gates and barbwired walls. They will hire desperate private armies to protect them, buy armoured limousines and helicopters, and travel internationally using the new upcoming generation of supersonic planes being developed. The old office spaces being snapped up already at bargain basement prices by property developers will offer condos of unbelievable luxury and cutting-edge security in what were once the financial districts of the world. On the whole, they will continue to commit crime rather than be the victim of it.
Similarly, the haute bourgeoisie whose cynical apathy has served the MoUs so well will make up a functionnaire class to administer the Great Reset…..and train a few lucky ones among those former useless eaters in the art of instant auto-servility.
As always, it’s The Mass Middle that will be squeezed: unable to afford much beyond vicious dogs and illegal firearms as protection, the folks who ran small businesses, rewired old houses and repaired motor cars will rent flop joints in urban high rise slums – and live in constant terror of being prey to knuckle-headed muscle.
Such is the crude, gangsterised endless social war we shall face.
The hyper-expensive cost of cooking, eating, staying warm and avoiding foreclosure as service prices rise and job security is diluted will merely be the overture to life in darkest dystopia. Thankfully, a few renegades in the otherwise ever-cooperative State media are – at long last – beginning to report some degree of quantification about it.
It is, yet again, a tribute to the “wild conspiracy theorists” that the numbers being bandied about are in line with their predictions. In this sense, the Bank of England isn’t coming out of it terribly well, given that the projection (from US outfit Citibank) is nine times what old lady Threadneedle had in mind….at 18.6%.
Either way, it’s edging up towards the 1973 “OMG, the IMF” shock-horror of fifty years ago – long before most of us knew what the IMF’s job really was – and will probably soon start nudging at the German surreality of 1923.
While the more recent 2008 farce of Northern Rock and the US housing market might seem closer to hand, for me the older parallels are more instructive. Prior to 1923, the Great Powers had blown outrageous amounts of money on a pointless war, and decided to saddle the loser with the bill. Prior to 2023, global blocists emptied their Treasuries in a pointless war against Covid19, and decided to pull the same with the Citizenry. In 1973, Arabia decided to challenge the West on energy supply, and manipulated the oil price to make Western exports expensive. In the two decades prior to 2023, NATO and the CIA (with plenty of help from the ever-arse-licking British) spent a fortune on wars designed to get even in the Middle East; currently, EUNATO is piling money and resources into a war designed to knock out the other big energy rival.
This is the world at 6 am Gambian time, August 23rd 2022. The biggest miltary alliance in human history has decided it wants global hegemony and a uni-polar world; the weirdest ideologically twisted league of authoritarian thinkers ever assembled has in turn vowed to make that world a techno-hedonist wet dream for the few and the most nasty, brutish nightmare imaginable for those unlucky enough to survive the restrictions, conflicts and medical bioweapons only now beginning to see the light of day.
The descent into Hell can only be opposed and reversed from here on by those willing to overthrow the unelected psychos running CIAEUNATO, alongside those beyond their borders who want multipolar coexistence.
Yes, it is the old JFK dream. I openly declare my opinion that all decent human beings should work to put those resistance fighters together rather than apart.
There is only one letter – ‘s’ – between decent, and descent.